We have partnered with Klarna Finance to offer you an excellent range of Finance Options. Simply click this link or use the calculator under the product price!
APR DL501 TCU Software - 3.0TFSI
- Free Shipping
- S4 B8
- S5 B8
- Remaps and Software
APR is pleased to present the ultimate transmission control unit (TCU) upgrade for the DL501 Gen 1, Gen 1.5 and Gen 2 S Tronic transmissions! APR’s TCU upgrade is available for 3.0 TFSI platform vehicles and is conveniently flashed to the vehicle’s TCU through the OBD-II port with user definable options selectable at the time of install.
APR’s TCU upgrade goes beyond the overly simplistic norm of raising a few limiters, and offers a wide gamut of changes designed to completely enhance the driving experience. With an in-depth knowledge of the transmission’s inner workings and control strategies, APR’s engineers have improved many aspects of the transmission from accelerative performance to daily drivability, while also incorporating new features including several typically reserved for higher-end Audi Quattro GmbH RS models.
Depending on the driving scenario, APR’s calibration experts have created multiple operating modes designed to deliver ideal performance for the given driving condition. When using launch control, the transmission enters a maximum acceleration mode designed to provide the fastest possible acceleration through a heightened application of torque, optimized shift points and shift strategies among other performance related enhancements. Under blistering, near wide-open throttle, the transmission enters a different state of performance with shift maps optimized for power delivery on vehicles with modified engine software. Manual and Tiptronic mode are tailored to the driver’s desired auto up/down shift preferences at the time of install include several features to enable quicker paddle response times and faster upshifts on Gen 2/B8.5 models. Finally under part-throttle daily-driving in both Drive and Sport mode, the transmission remains calm and smooth. Common clunks and driver annoyances are addressed and the transmission comfortably responds to the driver’s input without constantly and aggressively seeking the highest gear possible.
- 7,200 max shift point with gear dependent overshoot protection.
- User adjustable 3-Step multiple launch control RPM.
- User definable* max launch control RPM up to 6,000 RPM.
- User definable* manual mode downshifts (on/off).
- User definable* manual mode upshifts (on/off).
- Launch control enabled on all models.
- Launch control response enhanced for quicker launches.
- Launch control limits raised from 200 to 3000 launches.
- Launch control Max acceleration mode enabled for the fastest possible acceleration.
- Multiple acceleration modes defined for various driving scenarios.
- Manual mode / TT mode paddle response time optimized.
- Manual mode / TT mode shift optimized with gear dependent thresholds on Gen 2/B8.5 Models.
- Torque intervention limits raised, while retaining temperature protection.
- Temperature management modified.
- Transmission coolant pump optimized during high temp scenarios.
- Gear display enabled in Drive and Sport.
- Optimized Drive and Sport mode shift maps.
- Downshift "lockout" disabled below previous gear's max RPM.
- First gear, rolling-stop, "clunk" addressed.
- First gear "short shift" addressed.
- Significant power increase on applications meeting peak power well above the vehicle’s factory defined shift points.
*APR’s DirectPort Programming suite allows the end user to tailor the TCU upgrade to their needs at the time of installation.
Awesome GTI Delivery Information
Do we ship abroad ?
Yes we do, to anywhere in the world though remember the postage is often high when shipping anything bulky. Most bulky items we export will go by UKMail so you can track the package online and could reach america within 48 hours providing its in stock !
There are a few countries we do not ship to, some of these include: Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Yugoslavia, Romania, Croatia, Hungary, Slovakia, Slovenia, Russia, Nigeria, Macedonia, Singapore, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Lebanon and Lithuania.
Why is postage on bulky items to some countries expensive compared to some other companies ?
For both yours and our safety we use well known couriers such as UKMail for shipping, then we know exactly where it is in the world at any time and we know its going to arrive safely. Shipping small items can be cheap, but items such as bodykits are expensive to ship - we have a very small margin on the postage fees merely to cover packaging. We can now ship using standard post on some items, however using all methods you may incur import charges when you receive the goods for which we cant be responsible for.
How do I place an order if I live within the UK ?
You can either order here in our online shop or you can phone us or email us, using the following number/address are below. Phone: 0161 776 0777 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I place an order if I live outside the UK ?
You can order online or by phoning or emailing us. Phone: +44 161 776 0777 email: email@example.com