We have partnered with Deko Finance to offer you an excellent range of Finance Options. Simply use the calculator under the product price!
Fire Safety Stick Pro 100 Seconds
- Calculated at Checkout
The Fire Safety Stick (FSS) is a manual, portable fire extinguishing device. It uses a Potassium powder jet (a unique method among conventional fire extinguishers) that employs the vaporisation of the powder in the environment followed by the condensation of its extinguishing substance. It works by interrupting a fire’s chain of reaction (the “auto-catalyst” of the fire).
Fire Safety Stick is composed of stable, solid minerals; it does not contain gas and is not pressurised. The aerosol-like jet is only produced when the charger is struck with its base. The produced aerosol jet is free of thrust and is essentially an inert salt that emits gas already present in the atmosphere.
Here’s the chemistry behind it
This process allows the stick to extinguish all types of fires through saturation, while its slow bio-degradation in the environment, further prevents the likelihood of subsequent fires.
The extinguishing process involves two different reactions: one is physical and the other, chemical. The physical reaction relates to potassium’s tendency to oxidise rapidly in air. When in contact with air, alkaline salts consume great quantities of oxygen, thus depriving fires of oxygen. Then the chemical reaction is created through the stable link between potassium particles and the fire’s combustion particles.
Through the two reactions, a quick oxidation process takes place, immediately transforming the jet from a solid state into a gaseous state freeing the potassium particles. These atoms are able to intercept and interrupt any other free particles produced by the fire’s natural chain reaction combustion process.
Potassium has strong inhibitor qualities due to its weak ionization energies. The extinguishing agent being used is composed of Potassium Nitrate, organic oxidizer, and plasticizer resin.
When Potassium Nitrate (KNO3) discharges from the extinguisher it vaporizes in the environment followed by the condensation of its extinguishing substance. When it reacts (inside the body of the extinguisher) it breaks down and the aerosol that is formed is made up primarily of free radicals of Potassium K+, of Nitrogen N (an inert gas), and water vapour.
The aerosol that comes out of the unit reacts with the fire. Potassium radicals (K+) capture the Oxygen of the combustion thereby extinguishing it.
At the end of the extinguishing process the following is discharged to the atmosphere:
As a solid: particles of Potassium (that have reacted with the Oxygen of the fire) having a size between 3-4 microns. These particles are invisible at sight and heavier than air. They disperse in the atmosphere and tend to deposit on the ground in no appreciable amounts.
As a gas: As Nitrogen; an inert gas already present in the air we breathe at more or less 78%.
As water vapour (and lastly) extremely minimal toxic by-products that are a result of the combustion process.
This product can only be shipped to Mainland UK
Awesome GTI Delivery Information
BREXIT 2021 EUROPEAN TAXATION CHANGES:
For European Customers prices now displayed in cart once you enter your address will have 20% UK VAT Tax removed, however you will have to pay some form of Duties / VAT prior to delivery of your goods. If you are unsure of charges we recommend you should contact your local authorities ahead of placing your order.
Do we ship abroad ?
Yes we do, to almost anywhere in the world though remember the postage is often high when shipping anything bulky. Most bulky items we export will go by UPS so you can track the package online and could reach America within 48 hours providing its in stock !
However there are a few countries we do not ship to, some of these include: Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Russia, Nigeria, Macedonia, Syria, Ukraine, Lebanon.
Why is postage on bulky items to some countries expensive compared to some other companies ?
For both yours and our safety we use well known couriers such as DPD Local and UPS for shipping, then we know exactly where it is in the world at any time and we know its going to arrive safely. Shipping small items can be cheap, but items such as bodykits are expensive to ship - we have a very small margin on the postage fees merely to cover packaging. We can now ship using standard post on some items, however using all methods you may incur import charges when you receive the goods for which we cant be responsible for.
Not everything on our website is in stock, if you need a part desperately please contact us first to confirm availability before placing your order
How do I place an order if I live within the UK ?
You can either order here in our online shop or you can phone us or email us, using the following number/address are below. Phone: 0161 776 0777 email: email@example.com
How do I place an order if I live outside the UK ?
You can order online or by emailing us. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Amarok
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Arteon
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Beetle (16)/Accessories
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Bora
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Caddy Mk3/Mk4 (2K)/Accessories
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Caddy Mk3/Mk4 (2K)/Maintenance / Tools
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Corrado/Accessories
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/EOS
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Fox
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Golf Mk1
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Golf Mk2
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Golf Mk3/Accessories
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Golf Mk4/Accessories
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Golf Mk5/Accessories
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Golf Mk6/Accessories
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Golf Mk7/Accessories
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Golf Mk8
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/ID.3
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Jetta Mk1
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Jetta Mk2
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Jetta Mk5
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Jetta Mk6
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Jetta Mk7
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Lupo/Accessories
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/New Beetle (9C/1Y)
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Passat B5
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Passat B5.5
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Passat B6
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Passat B8
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Passat CC
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Phaeton
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Polo Mk3
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Polo 6n
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Polo 6n2
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Polo 9n
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Polo 9n3
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Polo 6R/6C/Accessories
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Polo (AW)
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Scirocco/Accessories
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Sharan
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/T-Cross
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/T-Roc
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Tiguan (Mk1)
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Tiguan (Mk2)
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Touareg (Mk1 02-10)
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Touareg (Mk2 10-18)
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Touareg (Mk3 20-)
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Touran (Mk1 03-15)
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Touran (Mk2 15-)
- Shop By Car/Volkswagen/Transporter (T4)