The Haldex 4wd System used on the Transverse Mounted VAG 4 Wheel Drive Systems consists of two components, A Haldex Clutch Coupling and the Rear Final Drive Differential. As well as this some of the performance 2wd Models now have a Haldex Front Differential which works in a similar way.
Haldex coupling - This is a wet multi-plate clutch system operated by a fluid pump (Haldex Controller) which requires servicing every 20,000 miles in the way of fresh Haldex Oil and a new Haldex Filter.
Final Drive Differential – This is the mechanical system which provides the drive to the two rear wheels. This uses a lubricating gear oil which according to the owner’s manual is a lifetime fluid. Many of our customers however choose to replace this oil between 50,000 and 75,000 miles as a matter of preventative maintenance.
Generation 1 Haldex Oil and Filter Service - £99.00
- Haldex Generation 1 is seen on the Audi TT Mk1, S3 8L, Bora 4motion, and Golf Mk4 4motion as well as a few other models.
Generation 2 Haldex Oil and Filter Service - £138.00
- Haldex Generation 2 is seen on the Golf Mk5 R32, Early TT Mk2, Pre-Facelift A3/S3 8P Quattro and a few other models
Generation 4 Hadlex Oil Change Only (recommended by the Main Dealers) - £89.00
Generation 4 Haldex Oil Change plus Filter (recommended by Awesome) - £138.00
- Haldex Generation 4 is seen on the Mk6 Golf, Facelift A3/S3 8P Quattro, Late TT Mk2, Volkswagen Tiguan and a few other models
Generation 5 Haldex Oil Change and Pump Strainer Clean - £99.00
- Haldex Generation 5 is seen on the Mk7 Golf, A3/S3 8v and a few other models
Haldex Final Drive Differential Oil Change – £65.00
Haldex 'VAQ' Front Differential - Haldex Oil Change and Pump Strainer Clean - £138.00
- Haldex Front Differential is seen on the Mk7 GTI PP and Clubsport as well as the Leon Mk3 Cupra
If you are interested in reading up a bit more about your Haldex System and it's service requirements - please checkout our blog here: Haldex Servicing - Why and When?